There is not a single and rock solid definition of the term "exopolitics".
The word is still in the process of being defined in the social arena.
In Exopolitics Denmark we use a very broad, a broad, and a narrow definition.
1. Very broad definition Exopolitics is politics that is concerned with issues or phenomena that originate from outside earth's atmosphere.
Politics in the US congress about the allocation on the state budget for discovering asteroids would be an example of exopolitics.
2. Broad definition Exopolitics is politics that is concerned with life that originates from outside earth's atmosphere.
Politics in the US congress about the allocation on the state budget for discover life on exoplanets would be an example of exopolitics.
3. Narrow definition Exopolitics is politics concerned with extraterrestrial civilisations.
Politics in the US congress about how to disclose an extraterrestrial presence to the public or how to establish diplomatic relations with an extraterrestrial civilisation would be examples of exopolitics.
Other definitions that appear on the internet
1. Exopolitics as an emerging branch of political science - Exopolitics is the study of the key individuals, institutions and political processes associated with extraterrestrial life. - Exopolitics is the study of the political implications of the extraterrestrial presence on Earth.
2. The art or science of government as concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy toward extraterrestrial-related phenomena and extraterrestrial beings.
3. Exopolitical actions, practices, or policies.
4. The exopolitical opinions or sympathies of a person.
5. The total complex of relations between the human race and non-human, intelligent beings.